Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I Can't Believe This Is My Life

I know I probably talk about this way too much, but I can't help it. I really cannot believe this is my life. If you would have asked me 20 years ago, hell, even 10 years ago if I saw myself loving the shooting sports as much as I do or owning my own gun related business I would have laughed in your face. I wasn't against our 2nd Amendment, but I surely was terrified of firearms. I didn't want them in our house because we had small kids in the house. I made my Husband sell some of his favorite guns (so sorry, Babe). 

A little over 8 years ago, something just "clicked". When I stepped away from the military training mindset, I realized I can really enjoy shooting at the range. I am running at 100 miles an hour on this feeling and I have so much more to learn. I wish I could spend every day focusing on learning about this great sport of ours. There are so many different facets of it!

I am making great strides in handgun shooting sports. I am teaching my first Basics of Pistol class this month and am so incredibly excited about it. Next up is learning how to get better at shotgun. I would love to hit more than 10% of the clays when I go out there. I've never really shot a rifle for more than military qualification and just goofing off (in a safe environment, of course!). I plan to put a scope on my new rifle and really learn how to use it and adjust it accordingly for different yardages. 

Do you know what I love most about my life in this industry? All the support from family, friends, fellow female business owners, and vendor partners. People believe in us, and we believe in them. It is so awesome to see and be a part of! I fan girl sometimes when some of these people like or share my post. I am in awe of many of you and appreciate all of the support!

So, I can't believe this is my life but, you know what? I. Love. Every. Bit of it! 

Shoot On!
Diva Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment